Requirements For a Minor in Sociology
Sociology 100 - Introduction to Sociology
- An overview of the topics of sociology and of various sociological perspectives, and of how scholars in the discipline study social phenomena.
- This course is a prerequisite for most two-hundred level courses.
Sociology 280 - Introduction to Social Statistics
- An introduction to the statistical measures and techniques used in the social sciences.
- This course is a prerequisite for Sociology 380.
- Other courses that meet this requirement: STAT 100, PSYCH 235, ECON 202, MATH 161. Also Parkland College's MATH 108 and MATH 160. Note that these courses meet the statistics requirement but donotcount toward sociology hours.
Sociology 200 - Introduction to Sociological Theory
- Classical theories by Marx, Weber, and Durkheim, as well as theories by contemporary writers.
2 Advanced Sociology Courses (6 hours)
- 300 hundred level or above
6-9 Elective Sociology Hours
18 Total Sociology Hours required minimum
If you have any questions about getting a minor in Sociology, see the Sociology advisor.